Saturday, March 3, 2012

Welcome Baby Chick Card

Hi everyone

In this post, I'm showing a card I made to enter into these challenges:


Here's my card




I used a new paper stack, an old stamp set for the chick, and some 'medium old' stamp sets for the sentiment. On the chick stamp, the pupil in the right eye is actually towards the right edge of that eye, but I wanted it towrds the left edge instead. After stamping the chick, leaving the 'unwanted' pupil on the right eye clean of ink, I drew in a dot for the pupil where I wanted it with my Memento marker. I then colored in the chick using Copic markers. For the sentiment, I stamped the 'welcome' first, which is from one stamp set. From another stamp set, I selectively inked a sentiment that was originally spelling 'baa-thday' a couple of times, and stamped the word baby. 
I made a standard size white cardbase, and adhered some pink polkadot pattern paper onto it. I then cut out a banner-type shape, and adhered it to the back of the image panel, which I had rounded the edges of. I then cut out some tiny circles of paper I had colored with one of my Copic markers, and adhered them to each side of the image panel. I finished the card by adhering the image panel+banner shape to the card using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta


8 comments:

carefree creations said... [Reply]

Adorable chickie. Love the coloring.

Michele Gross said... [Reply]

Completely adorable!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

*Alison* said... [Reply]

this is adorable.. :) love how you made your own pupil where you wanted it :) so fun! hugs

Deirdre said... [Reply]

Love this CAS card - beautiful.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

ChatterScene.com said... [Reply]

Such an adorable card!

Nicole Mullen said... [Reply]

Adorable card, such a sweet image! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Karen B. said... [Reply]

Oh so very cute! Great customizing too. Super cute baby card. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jeanette Marchand said... [Reply]

Very cute! I love the pretty colours.