Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fairytale Dress Card

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share, that I made to enter into the following challenges:






Here's the card I made:


Oh, and if it's not so clear to see in the pictures, the bird on the top left and the sentiment was adhered to the front of the card, and the dress and other two birds was adhered to the inside of the card =)

I'm not perfectly happy with how it turned, I think it looks a bit too dark and cold in a way. But I wanted to share it anyways, because I am so happy about how my idea for the stamped scene worked out =)

Here comes my long explanation on how I made this card. Feel free to skip reading if you want to =)
I got the idea for doing an image like the scene from Cinderella where the birds and mice help make the dress for her to wear to the ball. I tried using the mouse from "Critters on the farm" for the image too, but I didn't like them after all, so I skipped using them. I found a Disney book we had with the story, and took the colors for the pink dress with blue details from there.
I cut out a window from the front of the cardbase, and added a black outline to it with another piece of black cardstock. I started to stamp the brick pattern from the fireplace from "Cozy Christmas", but wanted to speed it up so I did the rest of the front in the same pattern using a black marker and a ruler. For the dress, I used the top of a dress form stamp, and made it into a long ballgown with a black marker. I colored it with Copics, and added some tiny white dots to the dress (to look like tiny pearls) with a white pen. I stamped the big bow in a really light blue memento ink, and colored on top with a blue copic. I then traced the outside with a black marker. I stamped some birds and colored them yellow too. Everything was cut out, and adhered together. The one bird in the top left was adhered on the front of the card, the rest was adhered inside the card. Before adhering, I had sponged the inside lightly with white ink, to make it a slightly different color then the ouside. I stamped the bottom of the dressform on the inside of the card before adhering the dress too, and went over it with a white pen after the ink had dried. For the sentiment, I stamped it with white ink, and went over it once the ink had dried with the white pen. I matted it onto black cardstock, and adhered it to the front of the card.

I think that's it for how I made this card. If anything was unclear, feel free to ask me about it in the comment section of this blogpost =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

18 comments:

Eve said... [Reply]

when I saw this card, I first thought of the window on the part of the Castle! Then I read your explanation how you came up with the idea for this card. I wasn't far off! :-) I like that you used black marker & ruler to make the background bricks! :-) Luv this "scene"! :-)

Yainea said... [Reply]

I always loved the moment when birds and mices make Cinderella a dress :) Your card is adorable and I really like the background, like it was seen from outside the castle. I don't think it's too dark, I think the grey helps the dress really pop! Lovely and cute!!

lenny said... [Reply]

Wow! really great card!
I love the pink dress ;)
and the little birds ... so cute!
You created a lovely scene! super!

Annette said... [Reply]

such a cute cute design...love it..

CraftyDee said... [Reply]

Wow Marie, it's such a lovely card! The window background is perfect, it does make the dress pop :) For the bricks I think a soft yellow would've been nice too :)

Emm said... [Reply]

I love your Cinderella themed card-awesome!

Laurel said... [Reply]

Marie, this is awesome! I LOVE IT! It does NOT look too dark or cold! I love that you made that brick background my hand. WOW! And I love Cinderella's dress with the polka dots! This is a fabulous card and I LOVE IT!

Christiana said... [Reply]

Oh my gosh, Marie, what a cool idea! You always have great ones. Love this card so much. It's simply magical, my dear. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

A Blog Named Hero said... [Reply]

Marie this is just MAGIC!! (pardon the pun!) I knew it was cinderella themed immediately. what an AMAZING card!

Thank you so much for entering our Window Card Challenge!

Good Luck!

Linda

A Blog Named Hero

Libby Hickson said... [Reply]

This is so sweet Marie, I just adore it!! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

Sherri Thompson said... [Reply]

So sweet-beautifully done!

melania deasy said... [Reply]

WOW WOW!!!! this is amazing! fantastic idea! Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

Melissa Shea said... [Reply]

I totally thought of Cinderella right away! Your use if the stamps is unbelievably creative! Amazing design!!

Jackie Rockwell said... [Reply]

I LOVE the dark background it lets the dress and the birds really pop! Really ADORABLE card Marie!

Ayelet {Jenny} said... [Reply]

What a brilliant and creative idea! fantastic crd! Thank you for playing with us t BTC&G this month and good luck! X

Mary Dawn said... [Reply]

your sweet window scene is delightful! thank you for playing along with our Challenge #2

Bettina L. said... [Reply]

Wow this is a great design. Love how you've created the window and make it look like looking into a castle. Love the dress and it certainly reminds me of cindarella. Thanks for playing at BTC&G and good luck. Hope to see you back next month for a new challenge. Bettina xx

anita_senorita said... [Reply]

kult!