Monday, April 16, 2012

Flowery Hello Card

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share, that I made to enter into the following challenges:


Here's the card I made


I stamped some flowers from a Paper Smooches stamp set onto white cardstock, and added stemps and leaves to the flowers that didn't already have it as part of the original stamp, with my Memento marker. I colored the flowers to fit the orange-blue opposite colors from the color wheel (for the CAS-ual Friday challenge), and added a few other colors to complete the image. To cut out my image, I wanted to use a Spellbinders die, but it was too big for my image. So I traced the inside of the die onto my image, and cut it out using my scissors. I then matted it onto black cardstock diecut with the same die, and adhered it onto a kraft cardbase using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

8 comments:

Meagan said... [Reply]

I love this card it is so simple yet super cute! Where do you find your Kraft card base paper? I haven't seen it anywhere but I could be looking in the wrong places.

Marie / Legojenta said... [Reply]

@Meagan
I used kraft cardstock from Bazzill for this card. Papetrey Ink also has kraft cardstock, in a thicker quality if you prefer =)

Kimberly said... [Reply]

Marie - I just love how simple, yet effective, this card is. I would've never known those stems and leaves weren't a part of the stamps - they look perfect! Great job!

Lindsey said... [Reply]

So pretty! Great job hand-cutting the smaller label, and looks great matted on the black.

*Alison* said... [Reply]

this is very pretty.. love the colors you picked.. hugs

Michele Gross said... [Reply]

So cute! And the black panel is so striking against the kraft :) Glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jodi said... [Reply]

Your card is super cute.

Laura Davis said... [Reply]

LOVE this!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura