Thursday, April 19, 2012

SPARKS Challenge: April 19th - May 3rd

Hi everyone

Today I'm sharing my DT card for the current SPARKS challenge. Here's the inspiration photo for this challenge:


I
Here's the card I made:
I

Stamps by Paper Smooches

I was inspired by the ice cream cones in the inspiration picture, and the pretty colors of the fruit they were filled with. I stamped and colored an ice cream image from Paper Smooches, and stamped and diecut a sentiment too. I colored some white cardstock with different colors of Copics to match the colors of the fruit from the inspiration picture, and diecut tiny circles with a border die. I then adhered the tiny dots onto my ice cream image. Both the image and the sentiment were adhered to a small white cardbase using foam adhesive.


This is the final SPARKS challenge in my term as a design team member. With that in mind, I wanted to find a way to say thank you so much to Kim (owner of Paper Smooches) for having me on the team, and for being such a wonderful person, designer and business owner. I have loved working with Kim and her wonderful stamps, and it has been such a great experience to be on the SPARKS design team =) Kim is currently having a design team call to assemble a new SPARKS design team, so if you too love Paper Smooches stamps, I highly encourage you to try out! The deadline for submitting for the call is April 23rd, at midnight PT, so make sure you hurry and get your application in! You can find all the details on the DT call here.

Anyways, to say thank you to Kim, I wanted to make a card that represented some of the things I love about Paper Smooches stamps. I decided to go back to the very first Paper Smooches stampset I bought, which was the "Falling for You" stampset. I just LOVE the monster image in that set, and I use it over and over again. Here's the card I made, using the monster and some stamps from other sets too:

Stamps by Paper Smooches

I paper pieced the monster, flower and little bow to make this a cute girl monster. I stamped a sentiment (that I also love) onto white cardstock, and adhered the monster next to it. I matted that cardstock piece onto pink patterned paper, and adhered that whole piece onto a white cardbase using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Be sure to check out this new challenge over at the SPARKS blog =)
- Marie / Legojenta

 
Happy Birthday Card Thanks Bunches Card

6 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said... [Reply]

Both of your cards are too stinkin CUTE Marie! The sprinkles on the first card are so much fun and the paper pieced monster is adorable! :)

Annette said... [Reply]

very cute cards...love the new sparks challenge pic.

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

LOOOOVE the sprinkles on the ice cream! SO FUN! And clever!

LOVE your card for Kim! It knocks me off my seat--so clever and I love the papers you used! YOU ROCK:)

Isha said... [Reply]

Cute cards Marie. Love your inspired by card and the paper piecing.

Lindsey said... [Reply]

Love both these cards! The colouring on your ice cream cone is amazing.

Christina said... [Reply]

Both of these cards are so adorable! What a great idea to put the sprinkles on top of the ice cream cone. I just love that darling little monster, too! Great paper piecing!