Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Thank You Card With Doll

Hi everyone

This is my second post today. Please scroll down for my previous post =)

In this post, I'm sharing a card I made to enter into the following challenges:
A blog named Hero - Challenge #1 Play Favorites
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Use your favorite tool (I used my favorite paper trimmer, as well as my Cuttlebug with dies and my trusted scissors =)
Hero Arts Blog - April Contest (I based my card upon one of the sketches from the contest)

Here's my card:


Kind of a different card from me today, but I do like how it turned out =) I used my favorite Hero Arts stampset on this card. The doll and the flower is from that stampset. I stamped the doll, colored her in, and cut her out. I then stamped part of the border from the set, colored in the one flower, and cut it out. I adhered that onto the doll, sandwiching a couple of layers of cardstock in between to add a tiny bit of height. I stamped the woodgrain stamp onto sage green cardstock, sponged the edges and adhered it onto a white cardbase, also with sponged edges. I diecut a white circle, stamped a sentiment onto a strip of paper, and cut the one end of the sentiment strip into a v-shape. I then sponged the sentiment strip and the circle. I adhered the sentiment strip and doll onto the white circle, and adhered the circle onto the cardbase using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

11 comments:

Melissa Shea said... [Reply]

She's so cute! Way to knock out 3 challenges too!

Annette said... [Reply]

how cute...I love this little image...

Chari Moss said... [Reply]

Very cute little card Marie. The Woodgrain background is great, and your image is colored perfectly.

Mary Dawn said... [Reply]

your card is adorable, marie! thank you so much for playing along with our first challenge

cards by cara said... [Reply]

What a pretty card ... I love the woodgrain detail!! I haven't had a chance to upload my cards for this challenge but so glad to have a new blog to check out - HA make great stamps, don't they?

Стю said... [Reply]

Wow! So bright and cute! I like Asian cards a lot!

lostinpaper said... [Reply]

This is just too cute!

Eve said... [Reply]

i luv these hero arts stamps too! Luv the woodgrain on the sage color card stock, white circle behind the doll and doll holding a flower... Luv the card! :)

Joy said... [Reply]

This is just too cute for words..Love it! and who could not do without the trusty paper trimmer.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Linda said... [Reply]

WHAT a sweet card!! I might have to get that doll stamp JUST so I can case this!

Marie, Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

Good lucK!
Linda

A Blog Named Hero

Jeanette M. said... [Reply]

Wonderful card! I love how you took the flower from the border and used it for the girl. I have that stamp set and think they are just adorable! I also love your woodgrain background.