Thursday, May 24, 2012

Colorblocking on washi tape

Hi everyone

Today I have a card and a video to share with you. The card was made to enter into the current Lawnscaping challenge, which is embossing.



Here's the video about the colorblocking on washi technique:




And here are pictures of the finished card:


After filming the video, I added some shading to the embossed unicorn, using Copic markers. I adhered the sentiment strip and rounded the corners of the white strip. I punched some tiny stars out of the blue faux washi tape I had made, and added them to the rounded corners. I then adhered the full piece to a kraft cardbase using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta
I

8 comments:

Annette said... [Reply]

awesome...looks amazing...

Heather Innusa said... [Reply]

Very cool Marie - great idea!!!

Jackie Rockwell said... [Reply]

What a fun idea Marie! Love how you shaded the unicorn with your Copic markers!

Emm said... [Reply]

Cool technique!

Isha said... [Reply]

This is superb Marie. Love how clean you could emboss with all the strips. TFS

Laurel said... [Reply]

OH yes! Embossing over washi tape is a brilliant idea and not one I am sure I would have ever thought of doing! Thanks for the idea and video!! :)

Joe Shien Shien said... [Reply]

wow! never thought of doing some embossing on the washi tapes. beautiful card. thank you for playing with us at Lawscaping

melania deasy said... [Reply]

Brilliant idea!!! Love this Marie :)Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)