Sunday, May 6, 2012

Embossed Birthday Card

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share, that I made to enter into the following challenges:

Paper Smooches blog - NSD 2012 contest: Cardstock only (no patterned paper allowed)

CAS-ual Fridays - Happy Birthday

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Birthday


Here's the card I made today:



I took inspiration from this card, and used some Paper Smooches stamps for my image and sentiment. I first stamped & embossed the partyhat, and then I masked it off. Then I stamped & embossed the bird. The "frills" on top of the party hat and the striped pattern inside the partyhat, I drew myself & embossed. I also drew the outline white frame on the green piece of paper myself, using a ruler, and embossed it as well. I matted the green piece onto a pink piece, stamped & embossed the sentiment, and added that onto a white cardbase with black mat, using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta
il

7 comments:

Isha said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card Marie. Love how you interpret the HA card. I too have that in my CASE list but never could think like this;)
TFS

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said... [Reply]

Love these colors together.

Monika/Buzsy said... [Reply]

Darling card Marie. Love the bright colors against the black. Sweet image too!

Christina said... [Reply]

This is so incredibly fun! Love the bright colors on black and the simple white embossing. Thanks for helping us celebrate at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said... [Reply]

So vibrant and striking! Love it! Thanks so much for joining the birthday celebration with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Angie Tieman said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card! It really POPS! Thanks for playing with us at Cas-ual Fridays!

Dana said... [Reply]

hee hee! Love the pelican!