Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Good Luck Penguin Card

Hi everyone

Today I am sharing a card I made yesterday, and I have already entered it into the Gallery Idol contest. I also made the card to enter into these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Father's Day / Special Male  (I made a card one for instance could give to one's husband or boyfriend when they have a job interview)

CAS-ual Friday - CAS masculine cards using patterned paper

Paper Smooches SPARKS - Picture Perfect (inspiration picture)


Here's the card I made:
I







I was inspired by the color combination on the inspiration picture from the SPARKS challenge. I stamped the penguin in aqua, colored a piece of paper yellow with a copic, and cut out a tie shape. I cut the inside of the penguin's beak from white paper i had covered with orange ink, and stamped the legs of the penguin with the same orange ink. I cut out the penguin in aqua, adhered the tie, and adhered the penguin onto the orange stampe legs on the white piece of paper. I covered a white cardbase with an old patterned paper (which I don't know the name of - sorry), and stamped the sentiment in grey to match. I actually also went over the grey I had stamped with a different tone of grey marker, to make it match better. I rounded the one corner of the image piece, and adhered it to the cardbase using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta
I

10 comments:

Lisa Lara said... [Reply]

Adorable Marie. So happy you joined our TAWS blog hop.

Isha said... [Reply]

Lovely card Marie.I like it so much:)

Lindsey said... [Reply]

I LOVE the yellow tie! Super cute card.

Barb said... [Reply]

eeek! sooo cute! great design :)

Angie Tieman said... [Reply]

Oh soooo cute! I love that pop of color on the penguin against that fabulous patterned background! Fun, fun! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said... [Reply]

This is SUPAH cute, Marie! I love the color choice and image! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said... [Reply]

Tee hee, his tie is darling! And I like the plaid PP base too. I'm so glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays:)

Kimberly said... [Reply]

Marie - I am loving that aqua penguin! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge and the SPARKS challenge!

Samantha Mann said... [Reply]

i LOVE that you made a teal penguin!!!! that was totally my 1st thought! i'm not even kidding!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your colors!!

Barb Ghig said... [Reply]

Such an adorable card! I love how you rounded just one corner...very cool idea!