Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hippo Hooray Card

Hi everyone

Happy national scrapbooking day! I hope you are all having a wonderful time. I have been working on a few projects today, but I can only show one of them. The one I'm showing, I made to enter into a few different challenges and contests:

Paper Smooches blog - NSD 2012 contest: Cardstock only (no patterned paper allowed)

CAS-ual Fridays - Happy Birthday

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Birthday  

2Peas NSD Challenge #5 - Use bright colors


Here's the card I made:




I was really excited when I saw the challenge over at the Paper Smooches blog. They are being sponsored by Bazzill Basics Paper, and one winner will get a pack of some of their new Card Shoppe cardstock. I am so excited about this new cardstock, as I love the thicker weight and smooth texture. I haven't found the cardstock from the Card Shoppe line in any of my favorite stores yet, but I am hoping my local scrapbook store will start carrying them. So, let's just say I am crossing all my fingers in hope that I will win that fabulous Card Shoppe prize pack =)
Anyhow, since the challenge from Paper Smooches was cardstock only, I based my card on mostly cardstock, with a tiny bit of copic coloring (for the sentiment and hippo's toes) and a strip of washi tape too. I used a lot of new things on my card today, the images and sentiment I haven't stamped with before, and the washi tape I just got in the mail yesterday. I also used yellow cardstock, which is a color I've been wanting to use more too. All in all a fun crafty session =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta
i

9 comments:

Angie Tieman said... [Reply]

Awwww, how cute! Love these stamps for the challenge and how you colored them in, especially those letters! Thanks for playing with us at Cas-ual Fridays!

sewgirl said... [Reply]

Cute card- I love how you used the tape - that is going on my "need to do that" list.

Yainea said... [Reply]

Cute and so fun!! I love how you colored the sentiment!

Virginia L. said... [Reply]

LOVE the happy and bright colors, Marie! AWESOME job on this card! Thanks so much for joining the birthday celebration with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said... [Reply]

Adorable card! Love that sweet image and your design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Dana said... [Reply]

Marie, this is so much fun! I love your hippo and the striped ribbon. So pleased you joined in on the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

Laurie said... [Reply]

Marie this is ADORABLE!! Love it! Thank you for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Gabby said... [Reply]

So cute hippo card! Like your design and coloring. Strip of ribbon looks great, too. :)

Rachel W K said... [Reply]

this is such a sweet card, and i really like the bold clean colors! i love your style... I'm a new follower now! can't wait to see everything else you create :)

-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com