Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wishing You Sunshine Card

Hi everyone

In this post, I'll be sharing a card I made for this weeks challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS. They now have a new design team, and the have changed their challenge format to now having weekly challenges =) The challenge this week is "trend watch" and they had this fabulous picture as inspiration:


You can click on the inspiration picture to go directly to this challenge post, or you can click on the SPARKS banner to go to the SPARKS blog =)



Here's the card I made:


I stamped a circle with a face inside twice, once onto scrap paper and once onto rectangle of paper. I drew in rays beaming out from the circle on the rectangle piece of paper, and colored them yellow with copics. I then cut in between the rays, and matted it onto a second piece of cardstock of the same size, that had been colored with a blue copic. I then colored and cut out the second circle sun image, adhered it on top of the rays, and cut away the excess on the bottom. I also stamped the sentiment and added it to the sun image piece. I cut a banner-type shape out of pink patterned paper, and adhered it to a 4 1/4" square cardbase. I then adhered the sun image piece on top using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta
l

5 comments:

Annette said... [Reply]

totally love your take on the Sparks challenge...great card.

Isha said... [Reply]

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! this is superb take on the inspiration photo Marie. Love this card.

Linda Beeson said... [Reply]

Your sun is so cute!

Heather said... [Reply]

What a great card! That sun looks so happy! So thrilled to see you join in on the Sparks fun!

me said... [Reply]

I felt so warm when seeing this card... Love that smile on the sun :) Thanks for joining us over Sparks Challenge!

xoxo
Angeline