Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Young Crafters Unite - Challenge #10

Hi everyone

Today I have my card for the eight YCU challenge to share with you. Please go check it out on the YCU blog! The challenge this time is:




Here's my card for this challenge:




(I am sorry about the bad pictures here. That yellow is a bit softer irl then it appears here)



Since the challenge this time is to use flowers/floral imagery, I decided to paper piece a flower shape from one of my newest Paper Smooches sets. I embossed it in white onto yellow and pink patterned paper, cut out, and layered it together with a yellow button. I stamped a sentiment in pink, and added a straight line with a grey colored pencil, on a white piece of cardstock. I rounded the top, left corner, and adhered it onto a mat of yellow patterned paper. I adhered the flower in the top right corner of the piece, and adhered the whole thing to a grey cardbase using foam adhesive. 


Now, I'f you haven't checked out this challenge over at the YCU blog, please use this link to get there:
l

l
We have an awesome design team on the YCU blog. Please go check out their fabulous creations for this challenge as well =)

And lastly, my fellow co-creator of the Young Crafters Unite! blog

Britta Swiderski - http://brittaswiderski.com

As always, we have an amazing sponsor for our challenge! Simon Says Stamp is sponsoring us with a $25 gift certificate to their fabulous online store! Thank you so much, Simon Says Stamp =)
If you haven't seen it yet, you should really check out their store. They have a huge selection of cardmaking, stamping and scrapbooking supplies! Just click on their graphic below to go to their store =)

 
Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I hope you'll be able to join us for this fun challenge over at the YCU blog =)


- Marie / Legojenta

2 comments:

Vera Yates (Ling) said... [Reply]

Fab CAS card, Marie!

Annette said... [Reply]

very pretty...love that flower..