Thursday, June 28, 2012

Birthday Cake Card

Hi everyone

This is my second post for today. I made two cards for the current Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge, and I have made one blog post for each of them. This weeks SPARKS challenge is a Picture Perfect challenge, meaning a picture inspiration. Here's the inspiration picture for this challenge:




Here's my second card for this challlenge:


For this card, I was inspired by the cake/cupcake theme of the inspiration picture, and I pulled some of the colors from the picture to complete my card. I also added a houndstooth flag-shape like the small cupcake flags in the picture. All I did for this card was stamping, some masking (of the flowers) and coloring with copics. I also diecut the image and used Vicky's great technique for faux stitching on diecuts (shared at around the 2:33 mark on this video), as well as adding a small black line on each side of the cake image to ground it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

4 comments:

Vicky said... [Reply]

Love it! The two lines to ground the cake was genious! Tfs!

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

This is fantastic, Marie! I love the houndstooth banner and the sentiment inside the cake. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches July Release Hop!

Erica said... [Reply]

I agree, placing the sentiment on the cake is so fun! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with the Sparks challenge this week!

Barb Ghig said... [Reply]

I love the idea of the houndstooth banner on this card...so cute!