Friday, June 1, 2012

Blue Alien Card

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share, that I made to enter into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes

CAS-ual Fridays - Put bling on it  (I used glitter on the stars on this card)

Paper Smooches SPARKS - Inspiration Picture


Papertake Weekly - Sketch


Here's my card:


Here's a quick video to show the glittery stars on the card



I stamped, colored and cut out the alien image. I used the copic blender to make the dotted texture on the cute alien. I drew a curved line on the background piece, and colored the ground and sky with copics. I added a line of black washi tape to a white cardbase, and a piece of yellow patterned paper too. For the sentiment, I stamped 'he' from a sentiment saying 'hey dude', and added an 'i' to make it a Norwegian sentiment (hei = hey/hello). I embossed some stars in holographic embossingpowder, cut them out, and layered some mini punched stars overtop.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie / Legojenta

13 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said... [Reply]

Marie this is too darn CUTE!!! So Cool how you made a quick video to show the glittery stars. They look fantastic! I just ordered this stamps set today–can't wait to ink it up! :)

Diane said... [Reply]

So cute. Love the colour combo

Kimberly said... [Reply]

Marie - I love the way you colored the lil' alien with the spots! And what a great idea with the stars. Thank you so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge and CAS-ual Fridays!

Skilly said... [Reply]

So cute. Love what you are doing here.

Isha said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card Marie. Love love it:)

Christina said... [Reply]

So cute! I love how you adapted the sentiment and added the glittered stars. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

debby4000 said... [Reply]

Fabulous cute card.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

luv

Debby

Sharon Caudle said... [Reply]

Absolutely adorable!!!! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at PTW!

Barb said... [Reply]

too cute!!! love that little alien lol :)

Stephanie Washburn said... [Reply]

Awww! He's so stinkin' cute! Great card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays! ;)

Debby said... [Reply]

Love that cute little blue guy! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Mary-Anne V said... [Reply]

Cute card...love the use of the black circle with the white sentiment.

Barb Ghig said... [Reply]

What a CUTE card! I love all the details on your cards...it's very evident that you spend a lot of time creating them to be just "Perfect", and they are!!! TFS!