Thursday, June 21, 2012

Girl Alien Card

Hi everyone


Today I am going to share a card I made, to enter into the current SPARKS challenge



Here's the card I made:


When I saw the colors for this challenge, I immediatley thought of them as somewhat girly colors. I still remember the first time I stumbled upon the pink/yellow color combo in school, and actually made a mental note about how well they worked together and how girly they looked. Back then, the painting I did was using light/vibrant yellow and hot pink, but still, this SPARKS color story made me think of it. So I decided to do something girly. Then I was thinking about what image to use the yellow on, and the little alien from Paper Smooches' "Little Fella" came to mind. By adding a bow, I easily turned that boy alien into a girl alien. So fun =) I stamped everything on colored cardstock, cut it out, and paper pieced it together. For the planet the alien is standing on, I colored white cardstock with purple and blue ink, cut it out with a circle die, and debossed it with a dotted embossingfolder to look like craters on the planet. The planet and alien were adhered to a white cardbase using foam adhesive.

Edited to add:
I completely forgot that I was going to enter this into the current Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge too! Their challenge is all about girls, and hopefully this girl alien will qualify =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

6 comments:

Annette said... [Reply]

too cute...

Isha said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card Marie. Love it. TFS

Chris D. said... [Reply]

OMGoodness, this card is too stinkin' adorable! Love it!

Lori Barnett said... [Reply]

ok..this card REALLY puts a grin on my face! That alien is soooo adorable!

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

OHHHHH! That alien is just too cute as a gal! LOVE :) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

Gabby said... [Reply]

Super cute card! Love it! :)