Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Masked Sentiment Card

Hi everyone


Today I have a card to share, that I made to enter into the following challenges:

Papertrey Ink - Make it Monday #71 (bordered sentiment)


Here's the card I made:



I was so happy with how well this card turned out =) I first got the idea to use circles around my bordered sentiment, after using the middle circle stamp to make some color combination cue cards for myself earlier today. When I then saw the colors on the shoe from the Runway Inspired challenge, I felt that they would be perfect for this card as well. I stamped the sentiment in purple, masked overtop of it with a straight strip of masking paper, and stamped three sizes of circles overtop. I then peeled up the masking paper strip, and this one layer CAS card was all done =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

17 comments:

Jacquie Southas said... [Reply]

great CAS card - your execution of the mask is perfect!

Linda said... [Reply]

What a sweet CAS card. Great take on the challenge.

bjmartin said... [Reply]

Great CAS card - love the colors and the big circles!

Kristii said... [Reply]

Way cool!!! I love it!!

carol (krillsister) said... [Reply]

Fantastic CAS card. Way to go.

Annette said... [Reply]

oh i so love this...great design...great color combo...

Kara said... [Reply]

so perfect!

Jean said... [Reply]

Great take on both challenges.

Karen Letchworth said... [Reply]

Hi Marie, I agree with you, your card turned out really sweet. I haven't tried my hand at this technique yet but I SO love all things PTI, so thanks for sharing and inspiring me to try.

Blessings,
Karen
P.S. I have some sweet blog candy on my blog at:
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Marcie Rhys said... [Reply]

Simply sensational. Talk about 'less being more'!

Jennifer Rzasa said... [Reply]

Marie, I adore your masking! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

GinaA said... [Reply]

A great design idea, makes a fab card.

Marion said... [Reply]

A gorgeous CAS card. Love your masking idea.

Wida said... [Reply]

cute, clean, mailable, it looks like a winner to me!

Laura B. said... [Reply]

Love this with the circles and masked sentiment!

N@ said... [Reply]

great CAS card! congrats!

Robin K. said... [Reply]

Congrats on your win! Wonderful CAS design!