Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sunglasses Card

Hi everyone

This will be my first of two posts today. I made two cards for the current Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge, and I will be doing one blog post for each of them. This weeks SPARKS challenge is a Picture Perfect challenge, meaning a picture inspiration. Here's the inspiration picture for this challenge:



Here's my first card for this challlenge:


I was inspired by the look of the cake tin with the "stem", and immediately though of the cake platter stamp from "Hubby and Wifey". I was also looking at the colors, thinking they were quite summery, and wondering what I wanted to put on the cake stanmd instead of the cake or cupcakes. I went for the fun sunglasses, and decided to make the card  to look sort of like a shop with the sunglasses in the window. I stamped the sentiment onto acetate, and stamped and colored the image and background with copics (sunglasses and grey background) and distress inks (woodgrain floor part) on a white piece of cardstock. All the colors were pulled from the colors in the inspiration picture. I also extended the top line of the cake platter stamp, to make it long enough to fit all three pairs of sunglasses. The panel with the cutout window with acetate was popped up from the background to further help the look of a shop window =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

4 comments:

Isha said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card Marie. I like how nice the window looks.TFS

Johnna said... [Reply]

Marie,
I would love to see how the sentiment was done. Really pretty card.

Marie / Legojenta said... [Reply]

@Johnna It was easy, I stamped the sentiment with black StazOn onto a piece of acetate, and adhered the acetate to the back of the cutout frame. Does that explain it?

Gabby said... [Reply]

Saw your card in the PS Sparks gallery. VERY CUTE card! Love the sunglasses and the way you added the cakestand. :)