Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Basketball Congratulations Card

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share with you, that I made to enter into this weeks Simon Says Stamp challenge. This weeks theme is Sporty and/or Patriotic, and I chose to work with the sporty theme =)

Here's my card:


I used all Paper Smooches stamps for this card. I stamped a circle once to create the ball, and twice again overtop to create the circular seams. I also added a straight line in the middle, and colored the ball orange. I stamped the one hand from "Helping Hands" onto white paper, cut it out, and stamped the second corresponding hand onto the back side. I then colored it in front and back with skin tone copics, folded the fingers down, and adhered them together. I adhered the ball, hand and sentiment onto the card using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today =)

10 comments:

Barb said... [Reply]

Marie, this is so creative! You rocked this challenge :)

Jenny said... [Reply]

sooo clever! love the folded down fingers :0)
Jenny x

Kelly said... [Reply]

Great card. Clever to fold down finger!

Annette said... [Reply]

This looks totally awesome...what a fun design..

gRiSeL™ said... [Reply]

Wow, what cool card!!! Very masculine, too! I have a hard time keeping my cards on the masculine side--I'm too girly! HA! But seriously, I'm going to use this sketch to create some of my masculine cards. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us!!

Jingle said... [Reply]

Completely and totally LOVE THIS! That hand is just perfection! LOVE! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Tenia Nelson said... [Reply]

So so cool!!

Joy said... [Reply]

Ha!!! love this card, love the simplicity and how sporty it is... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Ahuefa Datodzi said... [Reply]

what a great way to use this hand-stamp! would never have thougt of this... bravo!

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

OH MY! I looooooooooove your thinking! FAB card--totally amazing and super creative! LOVE:)