Saturday, July 21, 2012

Neon Bird Card

Hi everyone

Today I have another neon card to share. I was still inspired by my little neon post it notes, and wanted to do something else with them then I did the first time =) If you haven't seen my first neon card, you can see it here.

This card was also made to enter into the following challenges:

Hero Arts Blog - July challenge



CAS-ual Fridays - CFC62


Moxie Fab World - Birthday Card Challenge

A Blog Named Hero - Inspired by Hero Arts Artists (I was inspired by Jennifer McGuire, specifically this card she made with lots of white space and bright colors)

Here's my card:



I used the neon post its again, but this time I cut them into thinner strips. I adhered them onto some scrap white paper, and diecut a bird image.

For my card, I stamped the sentiment, drew the straight line with a pen, and adhered the diecut bird onto a white piece of cardstock. I then adhered the white piece onto a black cardbase. I just love how the black cardbase behind the white layer makes the sentiment, line and also the colorful bird just pop =)

I am also entering this card into the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

16 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said... [Reply]

CLEVER girl!!! Love your neon bird he's very COOL!

Mynnette said... [Reply]

This is TOTALLY amazing!!! PINNED! Gorgeous CAS layout, too! :)

*Alison* said... [Reply]

this is so beautiful.. I love it! What a fun idea.. I can't wait to see what you make for this weeks TAWS challenge.. hugs

JoAnn Ross said... [Reply]

That is too clever and cool!! And it's also a beautifully simple card that anyone would love to receive!

Disp6194 said... [Reply]

Wow! That bird is so lovely! Absolutely adore your sweet and simple card, and the neons just steal the show :) Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Tracy said... [Reply]

This is such a great card. Love the post it idea!!

Heather Landry said... [Reply]

I found you through Lain's webinar earlier today. I thought it would be fun to connect with all of the girls who posted blogs. I've added myself as a follower!

Your card is SERIOUSLY cool! Thank you so much for the little mini tutorial. I love all of the white space!

Jocelyn Olson said... [Reply]

Oh you are brilliant! This is such a fantastic card--I love all the white space with the bold colors!

Cath said... [Reply]

Hey Marie! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Ardyth said... [Reply]

LOVE this clean and simple card with the bright pop of neon! Got a fruity card to make? Come play along with CASology this week - we'd love to see you there!

Stephanie @ A StephMade Life said... [Reply]

This is SO cool! I love how you used the neon post-its and I love the CAS design! Thanks for playing along with us at ABNH :)

Kimberly said... [Reply]

Marie - that neon Post-It bird is WAY TOO COOL! I love it! Great card, and thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa A. said... [Reply]

What a cool and pretty card...love how you made your striped bird...great colors and design!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Christina said... [Reply]

This is so striking! I love how you cut the thin neon strips for the die cut and kept the rest of the design neutral to really make the bird pop. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura said... [Reply]

What a great idea! The neon bird is small, but definitely brings the "wow" factor.

Cath said... [Reply]

Hey Marie! Thanks also for linking this up to the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)