Sunday, July 8, 2012

Neon Congrats Card

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share, and it's all about neon! Hero Arts just released three neon colored inks, and one of the challenges on their blog this month is to use this neon colored color combination:

(Click on the graphic to go directly to this months challenge)

I don't have the neon inks, so I was thinking about what I did have that could work. I checked if I had highlighters in all three colors, but no such luck. Then I tried using some copic markers in "normal" yellow, orange and pink colors, which was a close match, but not perfect. They didn't have the neon glow I was looking for. When I was about ready to give it a rest for the day, I coincidentally glanced over some mini post its in neon colors I had lying around. They turned out to be perfect for a CAS card =)




I simply took the three colors of post its, and adhered them side to side on a strip of white cardstock. I cut off the tops of the post its, which had no glue on them, as well as the excess on the right and left sides. I stamped my sentiment (from HA stamp set) onto another strip of white cardstock, cut banner edges on it, and adhered it to the neon strip. I adhered that whole piece onto a white cardbase using foam adhesive. The finished card is smaller then a regular card, it is 3 1/2" by 4 3/4".

I am also entering this card into the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I


8 comments:

makingcardsisfun said... [Reply]

Very clever idea! Lovely card as well! :)

Barb said... [Reply]

Way to use what you have on hand! Great CAS design :)

jintyoo7 said... [Reply]

Clever - love this trio of colours :)

Jackie Rockwell said... [Reply]

Such a cool and clever card!!! Really fun!

Julie S. said... [Reply]

Great idea!

Chris said... [Reply]

Hi Marie, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Sue McRae said... [Reply]

Love this idea!

Cath said... [Reply]

Hey Marie! Thanks once again for linking this up to the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)