Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tag and Mini Card

Hi everyone

Today I have two projects to share with you. Together they were made to enter into the current A Blog Named Hero challenge, which is to strech your stamps (aka use one stamp in at least two ways).

The tag was also made to enter into the following challenges:
Runway Inspired - ric#15
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Tags or atc's

Here's the tag:


And here's the mini card:


Here's a picture of both with the stamp set I used (I used the circular stamp from the set for both)


For the tag, I stamped the inside flower from the circular stamp only to create my background. On the mini card, I stamped the outer circle design on the stamp only to create the scalloped circle element. I made a video showing how I masked off the center of the stamp to easily ink up only the outer circle:



To mask off the outside of the stamp for inking up only the center flower for the tag, I used a piece of paper with a punched out circle, like this:

... and don't forget to remove the mask after inking, before you stamp it down onto your project =)


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I
Tag Mini Card

11 comments:

Emily Leiphart said... [Reply]

These are so cute, Marie! I love both.

Melissa Shea said... [Reply]

That's brilliant Marie! I love how you figured out how to use that flower on the inside! Super cute card and tag, I couldn't even tell you used the same exact stamp! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero :)

loly borda said... [Reply]

So clever!!! I love how both look. Congrats on a great job.
Loly Borda

Laura Jane said... [Reply]

FAB-U-LOUS! I had to look 4 times to see how you used the one stamp?! I must be on SLOW MODE today:)
Then I scrolled down..AHH!
I see now, great job!

Lorraine A said... [Reply]

Gorgeous tag and card Marie :-) simple and stunning !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

judy said... [Reply]

Great way to stretch your stamps-- I
love the card and tag!

Kristen said... [Reply]

Very cute, I haven't seen that stamp set used much, it might have to be on my list now lol

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

lenny said... [Reply]

Wow! That's very clever!
Nice card & tag!!
Great work!

cheiron said... [Reply]

Brilliant masking technique! Love how both of these projects turned out! Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!
AND
Thanks for stretching your stamps with us at A Blog named Hero!

Jennifer Rzasa said... [Reply]

Cute tag and card, Marie!

A Blog Named Hero said... [Reply]

Marie these are just adorable!! I really love them! Smart work with that masking! What a great way to get more from you stamps!

Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

Linda
A Blog Named Hero