Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stitched Baby Card

Hi everyone

I am sorry it's been so quiet on my blog lately. I started working this week, and was away on vacation the week before that. But, I did get some creating done this weekend, and will be sharing what I made with you this week =)

Today, I am sharing a card I made to enter into the following challenges:

Lawnscaping - One layer


Lawn Fawn - August Contest 


Here's the card I made:



I used the stroller stamp from Lawn Fawn to create a template for stitching the stroller onto a white cardbase. Here's a video I had made a while ago, showing the technique:



I also took a quick picture of the template and the pierced cardbase before I started stitching:


For this card, I used two different colors of embroidery floss, and the back stitch I also show in the video I linked above. When I had finished stitching, I had to cut of a little bit on the right side of the cardbase and the bottom, to make the stitched image more centered. The card ended up being about 1/8" smaller in width and height then a standard sized card. I then stamped the sentiment (which says 'congratulations' in Norwegian) and finished the card by rounding all four corners =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

6 comments:

Laura Jane said... [Reply]

This card is so well done! SIMPLEY SLENDID and SWEET!

Jackie Rockwell said... [Reply]

This is a really AWESOME idea Marie! What a sweet card the stitching is wonderful!!!

Tamara said... [Reply]

wow,super fun & creative card!! Love the stitching
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
xx Tamara

jenn shurkus said... [Reply]

such a creative card!! love how you made your own stitching template :) thank you for playing a long at lawnscaping!

cardsandbookmarks said... [Reply]

This is such an adorable card! Love your clean and simple style!

Christiana said... [Reply]

Such a sweet card, Marie! Love that you showed us how to do the template. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!