Sunday, October 14, 2012

Christmas Cupcake Card


Today I am sharing a mini card I made to enter into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Dies and/or Punches (I used a die to get the perfect banner edges on the green on the sentiment strip)

Hero Arts blog - October contest, Holiday Cardmaking



I stamped the cupcake with brown and red Memento ink, and colored it in using Copic markers. I also colored overtop of some of the stamped lines that are more solid, like the brown swirls in the frosting, to give them a richer color. For the flower, I colored overtop of the bottom one with a green marker, after it had been stamped with brown Memento ink. That gave the bottom layer a dark greenish-brown color. I then stamped the flower again on a scrap piece of paper with red Memmento ink, cut it out, and cut the tips of the petals into a pointed shape to look like a poinsettia. I then added three mini pearls in the center of the flower. For the sentiment, I used a stamp from a Deasy Designs set, as I don't have any Hero Arts christmas sentiment stamps. I stamped it in brown, cut it out, and backed each side with a diecut banner edge in green. Everything was adhered to a small white cardbase using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

5 comments:

Karen B. said... [Reply]

This is too cute, and so creative and festive for a holiday card!

Isha said... [Reply]

Wonderful card Marie. Love it!!

Sarah J. Moerman said... [Reply]

What a cute card! So fun to dress up the cupcake for Christmas! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Rita said... [Reply]

Very cute way to transform a cupcake stamp into a Christmas card!! :)

Barb Ghig said... [Reply]

This is such a cute card! I love the striking colors against the white background!