Saturday, October 27, 2012

Solid Robot Card


Today I'm sharing a card and a technique video! I am entering the card into the following challenges:

Paper Smooches SPARKS - Picture Perfect Challenge (inspiration picture)

 



First up I have a video, showing how I made the solid robot shape using a line art robot stamp:



And here are pictures of the finished card:


(the grey cardstock is actually much more of a warm grey color irl. It's more like the the warm grey in the SPARKS inspiration picture above =)

After cutting the robot out, I decided it needed to have a slightly brighter yellow color. So I colored overtop of the yellow cardstock with a light yellow Copic marker. That gave it a much better color, that worked better with the grey cardstock I had chosen for the card. I white embossed the sentiment, adhered the robot next to it, and adhered the whole thing onto a white cardbase. I think it turned out quite graphic and cool =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

5 comments:

Rita said... [Reply]

Cute little robot silhouette and a sweet, simple card. I forgot that I have some sticky paper like that. I just found it last week! :)

Jennifer Rzasa said... [Reply]

Fun technique, and a cute card!

Mummy lade said... [Reply]

this is lovely. And thank you so much for playing along with us at Stampin for the Weekend, good luck in the challenge.

Erica said... [Reply]

Cool technique and fun card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

CLLLLLLLLEVER! I love love love the solid robot!! Great tutorial video! YOU ROCK:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)