Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fishing Bear Card


Here's the second card I made to enter into Lawn Fawn's current contest, where they're looking for cards to feature in their catalog and CHA booth.


I stamped the bear onto a piece of white cardstock, and colored him in. I then stamped+colored+cut out a fish on a seperate piece of lighter cardstock. I cut a slit on the line of the bear's mouth, and inserted the fish into the slit. I bent/curved the fish a bit, to make it look more like it was twitching in the bear's mouth, just having been caught =) I then stamped the sentiment next to the bear, and adhered the panel onto a dark green cardbase. For this card, I used Bazzill's white cardstock, which is a little bit more of an offwhite, as supposed to the PTI white cardstock that I usually use. The PTI is a stark/bright white, but I thought the "softer" white of the Bazzill would be better suited for the more rustic/outdoors theme of this card =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie
I

3 comments:

Anni said... [Reply]

Super cute!
Anni

Lucy said... [Reply]

Nice techniques, especially with the fish. Your coloring is extraordinary. I haven't mastered that skill yet.

Nisha Ashok said... [Reply]

love it