Sunday, December 2, 2012

Neon Christmas Lights


Today I am sharing a card I made to enter into the following challenges:

Moxie Fab World - Keen on Neon Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes
Stampin' for the Weekend - Add texture (I added the texture of smooth shine on my light bulbs)

This card would also be wonderful to add to the current challenge over at YCU, which is "Happy Holidays" =) Since I'm a co-owner of YCU, I'm not allowed to participate in the challenges there. But I certainly hope you will! Click the graphic to go directly to the challenge:

I made a fun christmas card using neon colors:
(I tried out photographing my card in front of a window instead of on my desk today. I think it looks better than the pictures taken on my desk, more true to the actual colors irl =)

To make this card, I started out stamping some solid circles of neon ink onto white paper. I then stamped the lightbulb image overtop with black ink, and cut them out. For the tops of the bulbs, I colored some white paper with a grey copic, drew in the shape with a black marker, and cut them out as well. I then adhered the tops to the bulbs. I stamped the curved line onto a white cardbase, adhered the lightbulbs onto it, and stamped the sentiment* underneath. To finish off the lightbulbs I also added some shine to them, but it doesn't show in the picture unfortunantely.

*The sentiment is from a clear stamp set by Deasy Design. They don't sell clear stamps anymore, but you can get it in digital stamp version here.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

Oh, and before I go, here's a new Norwegian word you can learn if you'd like: Lyspære - Lightbulb 
I


8 comments:

Jacquie Southas said... [Reply]

Love your neon bulbs - perfect CAS card!

Rita said... [Reply]

I love your cards because they are so crisp and clean and simple. Just lovely! :)

Tenia Nelson said... [Reply]

Super cute!!!

Beate said... [Reply]

Another great Neon card.
Hugs and smiles

Angela said... [Reply]

Oh what fun it is to see the pretty neon Christmas lights! Great CAS card, Marie!

walchowDesign said... [Reply]

Beautiful card! Love the neon christmas bulbs!

Laura said... [Reply]

Awesome job! I hope you are one of the winners. :)

Cath said... [Reply]

Hey Marie! Thanks yet again for linking up to the Keen on Neon Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)