Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Masked Butterfly Card



I'm taking the Clean & Simple Card Making 2 class, and wanted to share a mini card I made inspired by a technique shown on day 2. 

I am also entering this card into this weeks Simon Says Stamp Challenge, which is the easy theme of anything goes =)



I used a reverse mask technique to make the sponged butterfly on the card. I did the darkest color of the ink (most saturated) on the inside of the butterfly, and the lightest color of ink towards the outside. I like the effect =) I also added a few pearls to the butterflys body, some that I had purchased at a local dollar-type store.
This card is for my mother, her birthday is coming up and I need a small card to put on the gift. That's why I chose the green, it's one of her favorite colors =)

PS: I can't find the Spellbinders butterfly die I used anywhere on SSS, so it's possible it's retired...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

7 comments:

Ardyth said... [Reply]

Simply perfect! I love this. It may even convince me to make a card using kraft (not usually my favourite!) lol!

Laura Jane said... [Reply]

beautiful!

Rica said... [Reply]

A stunning CAS card!!

Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Sarah J. Moerman said... [Reply]

Beautiful! Love the CAS design and reverse masking technique! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Neringa said... [Reply]

I will repeat the words already used to describe your card: SIMPLY PERFECT. :)

Cathy said... [Reply]

This is lovely, so crisp and clean. It really stood out amongst the challenge entries when I was having a browse! Sounds like an interesting technique :)

Kirsten Corby said... [Reply]

This is lovely. A perfectly clean and simple card.