Sunday, March 10, 2013

Green Lion Tag

Today I want to share a tag I made, using a fun technique with my new Lawn Fawn stamps and coordinating dies. I decided I wanted to try paper piecing the lion from Lawn Fawns "Critters on the Savanna", and also get that fun white outside border around the image that the dies gives. Here's a video where I show you my process for making the paper pieced diecut:


 
I am entering the finished tag I made into the following challenges:
Lawnscaping - Challenge #53: Texture 


Simon Says Stamp - A Bit O' Green


And here are pictures of the finished tag:


To add texture to the tag, I used grosgrain ribbon, some kraft twine and textured green bazzill cardstock. The tag was diecut with a MFT tag die, but I also cut it down and rounded the cut corners again to make it smaller than the original tag diecut.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie



7 comments:

Tracy said... [Reply]

This is so cute Marie!

Lizzy C said... [Reply]

Cute little tag! And I love your idea of paper-piecing a die cut- very clever!

Melissa Shea said... [Reply]

So cute! I love how you did the lion. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said... [Reply]

Adorable tag! Love that sweet lion!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

jenn shurkus said... [Reply]

such a sweet tag ;) and great video! thank you for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

Vidya Ramabadran said... [Reply]

really nice. how did u attach the orange paper piecing without any cuts on it being visible? did u use x acto to cut it out and then paper pieced it ?

Marie / Legojenta said... [Reply]

@Vidya Ramabadran I used both scissors and an x-acto knife to cut out the mane and tail from the orange patterned paper, and the full body from the kraft cardstock. I then edged the cut pieces with a black marker, to color the white core of the paper.The pieces was then adhered together. I hope that explains it for you =)