Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happy Sun Card

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted a card on my blog in a looong time. Sorry about that! I was ill for a couple of weeks, and work and family stuff took up all my energy. Thankfully I feel better now, and have made two projects today =) The first one is a card I made for the following challenges:

Paper Smooches SPARKS - Trend Watch (inspiration photo)


Runway Inspired - ric#31 
I was inspired by the yellow, white and black from the outfit, as well as that fabulous pinkish-red color in the graphic on the shirt. And I was inspired by the smiley faces from the SPARKS inspiration picture, to make something that looked fun and somewhat like a childs drawing =) Here's how my card turned out:

(I am sorry about how washed out the yellow panel with white embossing looks in this picture. It was so difficult to photograph!)

I simply embossed the images and sentiment onto a yellow piece of cardstock, drew in little dots in the corner, and matted it onto black cardstock. I then matted red cardstock onto a white cardbase, and adhered the image piece onto the card using foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I'll be back soon to share a tag I made today too =)
- Marie



3 comments:

Lori said... [Reply]

Fun and cheery card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

Tasnim said... [Reply]

Very sweet, and beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at the Runway Inspired challenge!

Pamela said... [Reply]

This will definitely put a smile on the lucky recipient! The sun is just so cute!