Saturday, May 11, 2013

Flying By Card

Today I'm sharing a card I made to enter into the following challenges:
Make The Day Special on facebook - May challenge

Lawnscaping Challenge - Bling it  (I added a bit of light shimmer on the grey shading on the pigs' wings, although it's not visible in the pictures unfortunantely)


 

Runway Inspired - ric#35 (I was inspired by the blue and white stripes, as well as the pink and yellow colors on the runway inspiration picture)



I drew wings for the pig with a memento black marker, and colored them with copics along with the stamped pig. I cut 1/4" strips of light blue and white cardstock, and glued them together on a scrap of white paper. I adhered the wings onto the pig, and bent them up for dimension. I used a tiny circle punch to make the yellow scalloped edge, and adhered everything with foam adhesive.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

9 comments:

Samantha Mann said... [Reply]

OMG!! i saw this card on the lawnscaping challenge and it's AMAZING!!! it made me laugh and it's perfectly executed!! serisouly, LOOOOVE!!!!! wow!

Mihaela Lazar- hand-made with love said... [Reply]

so cute!

Karin Åkesdotter said... [Reply]

This is ADORABLE Marie! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin

maria f. said... [Reply]

Adorable and amazing that it's for RIC too! Love the stripes.

Yainea said... [Reply]

So cute!! Love love your card, the layout is great and the flying pig, so clever!! I always love flying pigs... don't know why haha

Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

{Chrissie} said... [Reply]

Soooo cute and just FUN!!! I love it!

Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping!

Wida said... [Reply]

SOOOOO cute. I love it and it is totally different vibe from the usual RIC card, I think that is why I am drawn to it.

Virginia L. said... [Reply]

LOVELY interpretation!! You have some creative ideas on this one! So glad that you join the fun with us!

Laura B. said... [Reply]

This is soooo adorable!