Friday, May 17, 2013

Quirky Popsicle Card

Hi everyone

Today I am sharing a card I made to enter into the current TAWS Be-Inspired challenge. The challenge is this inspiration photo:



I loved those three colors in stripes, and wanted to play along in the challenge. And when looking again, those colors reminded me of ice cream. And when looking at my limited supply of TAWS stamps, I realized that the one "monster shape" I had looked a bit like a popsicle. And then I knew what I wanted to make =)



I selectively inked the face from the jellyfish stamp, and used that to stamp a face on myt popsicle. For the popsicle stick, I used the oval-type shape for the bottom and a marker to draw the lines up to meet with the popsicle itself. I used copics to color the image.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

7 comments:

Shannon J said... [Reply]

Oh WOW, this card is BRILLIANT and just so clever how you created this out of the monster and jelly fish stamps. Your inking to create the neopolitan look is also incredible! My chin is still on the floor!

Linda Beeson said... [Reply]

That popsicle is so fun, what great colors.

Stacey Schafer said... [Reply]

so clever putting these sets together:) love the cuteness!

Jen said... [Reply]

This is the cutest popsicle ever! Love that fussy cut sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

cm said... [Reply]

What a super darling card! Your little popsicle is adorable! Wonderful colours, wonderful stamp combining, and wonderful 'smile-making'! Perfect for the TAWS challenge!
c

mypapercraftworld said... [Reply]

Yum ... and super cute too ... good enough to eat! Anita :)

Katie Ann Brooks said... [Reply]

Your neopolitan popsicle is precious!