Monday, May 20, 2013

Video: How to make open eyes on Lawn Fawn critters

Hi everyone
Today I have somthing to share with you, that I was quite excited about when I first got the idea. And I am still excited about it now =) In the video below, I am showing you how to draw open eyes on Lawn Fawn critter stamps. It gives them a totally different look from how they originally are, so fun!
Please watch the video below, or on my YouTube channel.


 

Here are pictures of the card I made with the cute rhinocerus and bird, both with open eyes. I think they both look so cute =)



I used two different colors of green ink for the grass on this card. I diecut the rhinocerus and cut out the bird+rock image to get the white outline, and drew out a simple word bubble for the sentiment. To give the images a tiny bit of dimension, I adhered the top of the rhino, bird+rock and the entire talk bubble with rolled up glue dots. That's a tip I learned from Kelly Marie at Lawn Fawn =) The bottoms of the rhinocerus and bird+rock images was adhered with liquid adhesive. 

I hope you enjoyed the video today. If you too make something with this technique, feel free to leave me a link in the comments section. I'd love to come check it out =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

2 comments:

Elise C. said... [Reply]

That is such a neat idea!! I can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing, Marie! :)

Rachel W K said... [Reply]

GREAT idea and thank you for showing us! that rhino looks so happy :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com