Sunday, June 9, 2013

4th of July Banner Card

The fourth 7 or less challenge is going on right now! Click the graphic below to check it out
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone

Today I am sharing a card I made to enter into the current CAS-ual Fridays challenge

When I saw the theme, I thought about how we don't use banners much here in Norway, and how it's used much more in the USA. And that got me thinking of USA and a patriotic theme, which led me to thinking of a 4th of July card. Yes - it is a little early for that, I know. But I decided to go where the inspiration took me =) I also thought that I wanted to use something different then the usual triangle shape for the banner, and that I wanted to add some extra dimension to the card. Here's what I made, after all that thinking:



 ( Heart stamps by Simon Says Stamp, sentiment stamps by Lawn Fawn )

I hand cut the bottoms of the hearts using an x-acto knife, and slightly bent them up. I also used a regular colored pencil to make the curve of the banner string match the color of the sentiment I stamped. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie 

5 comments:

Denise Price said... [Reply]

Great idea to use hearts for your banner.

Lisa's Creative Niche said... [Reply]

ahhh this is so clever! I am horrible with an exacto knife, I am amazed by this!

StephInOK said... [Reply]

What a cute card! I entered your challenge, and also added it to my Challenge Blogs page on my blog! :) You'll find it under the Miscellaneous heading on the page (as I group the challenges by the day of the week they start). Here is the link - https://inkyantics.wordpress.com/challenge-blogs/

Hugs!

Angie Tieman said... [Reply]

How cute! Love how you made it a 4th of July banner with the colored hearts! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Leigh Ann Baird said... [Reply]

This is so adorable! Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!