Sunday, June 2, 2013

Bookmark Card

The fourth 7 or less challenge is going on right now! Click the graphic below to check it out
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone

Today I am sharing a card I made to send to Maddy. If you haven't read about her story, you can check out this post on the Simon Says Stamp blog.

I have been thinking about what kind of card I wanted to make for her, and it just came to me today. You see, yesterday I was playing around with doing some bokeh style stamping on a scrap of paper, and on a whim decided to make it into a bookmark. So I diecut half of a circle die to make a notch to slip over a page in a book. But the paper was left with some indentations from the die, the die both cut and embossed at the same time, because my diecutting machine does that when I cut with Spellbinders dies. Anyways, I was thinking about a different way to make the notch, and realized I have a compass-style circle cutter I could use. So, I made a card for Maddy today with a detachable bookmark =)





I stamped a sentiment and some fun images on a panel of white cardstock, and cut a half circle notch at the top. I also rounded the top corners of the bookmark. I cut a slit in a kraft layer, adhered it to the card base with foam adhesive, and slipped the bookmark into the cut slit =)

I will also enter this (totally last minute) into the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge =)



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

4 comments:

Marianne said... [Reply]

Brilliant card, Marie. Love the idea of the detachable bookmark. I'm sure Maddy will love it.

Loly Borda-Towery said... [Reply]

Lovely! I'm sure Maddy would love this. TFS

Rita said... [Reply]

What a lovely idea. I'm sure she will love this thoughtful card and gift. :)

Lin said... [Reply]

Marie, your card for Maddy is lovely - thank you so much for thinking about her. And thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp!