Sunday, June 23, 2013

Shaking Lion Card

Today I'll be sharing a card I made to enter into the current Lawnscaping Challenge.


When I saw the challenge theme, I thought it would be a great time to do something I had been thinking about for a while. And that was to use an Action Wobbler to make the head of a critter shake! It brings a lot of dimension to the card =)




And here's a quick video showing the lion's head shaking:





I made a few adjustments to the action wobbler to make it work for my image. Here's some pictures I took along the way to explain. I'm sorry that they're so washed out in color, I didn't bother with fixing them up in PSE like I do with my finished card pictures, all I did was to add my watermark. Feel free to skip reading this if you're not interested =)

First up, I trimmed the action wobbler down a lot to make it small enough to fit behind the lions head. I actually trimmed almost all the way into the edge of the spring on the top, and way into the middle on the bottom. I stamped, colored and cut out the full lion and a second lion's head. The action wobbler is pretty high, and I didn't want the head of my lion to stand up quite that much. To make the shaking head stand a little less high up from the lion itself, I decided to attach the bottom of the spring onto the cardbase, and the white panel with the lions adhered onto the cardbase with foam adhesive. So I made two circle cutouts for the spring to fit through.

I adhered the body to the white piece, lining up the cutout circle holes. I then adhered the white panel onto the cardbase using foam adhesive.

My next step was to adhere the bottom of the spring to the cardbase, in the middle and through the circle holes

And last step was to adhere the head top the top of the spring

And then my card was done! I think it's so fun to see the head shake, and I love the dimension it brings to the card as well =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

7 comments:

Elise C. said... [Reply]

That is so cute, Marie! Your wobbly lion is adorable! :)

Tamara said... [Reply]

That is one awesome card!! Love the shaking lion :)
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
xx Tamara

Rachel W K said... [Reply]

i love this! the video is a great way to share the lion in action. very cool card!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Jenny said... [Reply]

He's even more adorable now!!! Such a cool card :0)

Melissa Shea said... [Reply]

That is so cool! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

jenn shurkus said... [Reply]

so fun!!! what a great idea :) thank you for joining us at lawnscaping!

Grá O'Neill said... [Reply]

Love this lion, great idea :)