Sunday, July 7, 2013

Baby Star Cards


Today I have two cards to share with you. One is for the 10 Minute Craft Dash, and the other is, well, not for that challenge. You see, I started making a card for the 10 minute craft dash, but I went well over the 10 minute time limit. I still liked the card, so I decided to just keep it as is and post it on my blog anyways. That was yesterday. But when I woke up today, I had a change of mind, and decided to try again. Making the same card, only with a different patterned paper. Everything was still out on my desk, and I think that, as well as having "practiced" before, was what made me able to finish the second card in 9 minutes and 21 seconds =)


(This is not for the challenge, as it took me about 11-12 minutes to create)


(This one is for the challenge, as it only took me 9 minutes and 21 seconds)

It's not really very visible in the photos, but the star diecut was also embossed around the edge. Because, well my Cuttlebug is really tight, and Spellbinder dies also embosses into the paper when I use a normal cutting sandwich. So I decided to emphasize that, and ran it through again with an embossing sandwich.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said... [Reply]

Awesome cards, dearie!!

Leigh Penner said... [Reply]

Great cards! I often go over on my first attempt, too!
Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Ashley Lydia said... [Reply]

I love the simplicity in these cards ! So pretty