Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Green Blue Gradient Card


Today I am showing you a card I made for Card Camp 2, using this weeks color combination.


The card was also made to enter into A Blog Named Hero's current challenge, which is Inspired by a Hero Arts artist. I was really inspired by the technique Jennifer McGuire showed in this video, using baby wipes to quickly smear out ink.



Here's the card I made:



I used distress inks with the baby wipe technique on my card. I smeared ink directly from the inkpad onto a piece of watercolor paper, in straight "fields" next to eachother. I then gently used a babywipe to smear out the colors and blend them together. When the piece was dry, I added some water drops to it as well =) I am so happy with how it turned out, and I enjoyed the process a lot. I hardly NEVER use my distress inks, but the success and fun I had with this technique has me wanting to do more vibrant distress pieces like this. So I have put the seasonal colors of distress inks on my wishlist now, because they are so vibrant and fun =) I stamped and embossed the sentiment on a scrap piece of old bazzill cardstock, to bring in the brown from the Card Camp color scheme.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

8 comments:

Scraphappy said... [Reply]

Love that background!

Sue McRae said... [Reply]

Great CAS design. Love these two colours together and your fun addition of water flicking. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

Nora N. said... [Reply]

WOW!! I LOVE your use of these technique. That is stunning!!!

Melissa Shea said... [Reply]

love! gorgeous!! thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Rita said... [Reply]

Beautiful color! I hope you use the distress products some more. :)

ablogcalledwanda.com said... [Reply]

VERY cool! So glad you shared this with us over at A Blog Named Hero! Love the colors and that is such a neat technique! :-)

angelammartin said... [Reply]

awesome card, love how you used the technique from class with an added water splatter to achieve the look! :)

Rachel Izakowicz said... [Reply]

Love this - loved the technique in class and have been meaning to try it! Gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!