Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stained Floss Card

So, I was watching the videos from Papertrey Ink's Stamp-A-Faire, and thought the staining techniques looked fun. I wanted to stain some floss in a bright color, so I decided to use mist instead of tea of kool aid to get a great green color =)



I dyed two pieces of floss, one white floss and one blue floss, with the same green stain made up from green mist and water. I dried them, and then used the technique I showed in this video, to pierce holes using a Papertrey die. I stitched with the one color of dyed floss, and then switched to the second color. I did not back stitch on this one, but instead I used a regular up and down stitch to incorporate both floss colors =) 


Would you like to see more blogposts featuring label diecuts on cards? Click on either of the images below to see more!
     


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie