Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Rainbow Butterflies

Hi everyone

Today I have two cards to share with you. Both were made to enter into the current Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. The theme is "Take a leap into the unknown", and I am using an unusual (at least to me) product for both of my cards today. Read on for more information =)









For both cards, I used colorful note papers from a stack of notes that I keep on my desk for jotting down notes etc, to diecuts my butterflies from. 



I love the rainbow effect of the pad, and I wanted to use many of the colors for my butterflies. I used two old butterfly dies and diecut them out of the colorful note papers. The smaller butterfly die, on the largest card, cuts three different shapes that you layer, so I cut each layer out of two colors of paper. For the larger butterfly (on the smaller card), the die was only the complete image, so I cut all layers in all the different colors.
For both butterflies I colored a piece of one of the colored paper notes with a black permanent marker. I then diecut it with the center of the butterflies.
The layers of each butterfly was adhered together with a tiny bit of matte medium glue in the center (body) part, to enable the wings to fan out. I adhered the full butterflies to the card with a small piece of foam adhesive.
The sentiments are from "Simply Said" by Paper Smooches and "Year Two" from Lawn Fawn, and I stamped them a few times with my MISTI to get a perfect impression with Memento black ink.






Would you like to see more blogposts featuring butterflies? Click on either of the images below to see more!

     


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

4 comments:

Yolanda Garrido said... [Reply]

This idea is so creative! I love the result! Cute and colourful butterfly!!!

Ardyth said... [Reply]

Love, love, love, love, love! Did I mention that I love this? These are exactly my favourite kind of card - tons of white space, black sentiment and a rainbow.

Catherine said... [Reply]

What a great idea using the colorful rainbow post-it notes to create your butterfly! Thanks for entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie <3

Kath Stewart said... [Reply]

wowow 2 beautiful cards made using rainbow oist t notes...thanks for joining in the fun at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxxw