Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Stitched Bunny Egg

Hi everyone

Today I have a small 4bar sized Easter card to share. My main technique for the card was stitching on cardstock =) Read on to see more!

For this card, I combined an egg stamp with a stamp that is supposed to be the flame under a space rocket, both stampsets from Paper Smooches, to make my egg with bunny ears. I made myself stitching templates out of the stamps, and stitched it all with a back stitch onto a piece of kraft cardstock. I used only three strands of the embroidery floss for the stitching on this card (embroidery floss is made up of 6 strands, I pulled them apart to have two lengths of three strands each)
I made a video about how to make stitching templates out of stamps a looong time ago, and you can watch that here. (Please don't look at the horrible state of my nails in that video... They were really bad back then!)


I stamped the greeting from Lawn Fawn using an ink color that coordinated with the embroidery floss color I had used for the inside of the bunny ears, and cut it into a flag/banner shape. The greeting banner was attached to the stitched piece with foam adhesive, and the stitched piece was attached to the 4 bar card base made out of light blue/turquoise cardstock from Hero Arts with foam adhesive too. Oh, and I rounded the corners of the stitched piece to give it a softer look as well.


Would you like to see more blogposts featuring stitching on cards? Click on either of the images below to see more!
     


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

1 comments:

Lin said... [Reply]

VERY creative, Marie! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!