Sunday, April 17, 2016

Happy Birthday card w/Paper Smooches

Hi everyone

Today I have a card to share that incorporates a technique to easily add to or alter a solid stamp image. Read on to see more + a video!



Here's a picture of the finished card:

To make the card, I started by stamping and coloring the flowers. The two big flowers that were stacked together to make a fuller flower are from this stamp set. The smaller flower I made by selectively inking two of the leaves from a three-leaf stamp (from a stamp set that seems to be retired), and stamping them together to form a flower. The large green leaves are from this stamp set. All of the stamp sets I used for the flower and leaves are from Paper Smooches =)
I colored the flowers with Copic markers, cut them out, and curled them slightly upward to create a more dimensional flower. I then added a tiny diecut white circle to the center of the flower, and covered that in glossy accents.
The sentiment is in Norwegian and it says happy birthday.



Copic markers used: V06, RV04 and RV02 for the flower. YG01, YG03 and YG25 for the leaves.

I made this card to enter into the current Paper Smooches challenge, which has the theme of Black&White with a pop of color.


Would you like to see more blogposts with birthday cards? Click on either of the images below to see more!   
     
     
     
       
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

0 comments: