Sunday, May 22, 2016

Elephant with Soap Bubbles Card feat. Lawn Fawn

Today I have a summer card to share, where I used Lawn Fawn stamps to make a cute elephant blowing soap bubbles. Read on to see more!



Here's a picture of the finished card:

To make the card, I started by stamping the elephant and the sentiment. When inking up the elephant, I masked off the top of his trunk, so that the curved part wouldn't show. After stamping, I drew in a line to close off his now shortened trunk. I colored in the elephant with Copic markers.
For the soap bubbles, I diecuts several small circles in different sizes from white cardstock. The circles I used were not circle dies, but rather circle elements from other dies, like the circle holes of a button die and some circles on a flower die.
After diecutting, I colored the soap bubbles along their outer edge, with pink, blue and yellow Copics. I blended the colors, along with a super light grey, onto the circle diecuts with a Copic colorless blender. To make the soap bubbles sparkly, I added a layer of a Spica glitter pen overtop of them.
To finish off the card, I adhered the soap bubbles to the card, and mounted the panel onto a blue cardbase



I made this card to enter into the current Lawnscaping challenge

The soap bubbles on my card are sparkly for the challenge =)



Supplies
Ink colors used: "Intense Black" from Simon Says Stamp
Stamp sets used: "Love You Tons" and "Jessie's ABCs" from Lawn Fawn
Copic colors used: N0, N2, N3, B00, Y02, RV02, 0 (colorless blender)



Would you like to see more blogposts with cards that has a summer feeling? Click on either of the images below to see more!
     
   

              
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

3 comments:

byAnnette said... [Reply]

Such a great card!
Love how you colored the bubbles!
{Thought they were enamel dots}
So Fun!!

Samantha Mann said... [Reply]

oh wow!! those bubbles - rock my world!! LOVE the tiny pops of color! love the whole little adorable scene!!! so cool!! Thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge!! :)

Nonni said... [Reply]

This looks great! So creative and well made. Love the cute cas style!