Thursday, May 12, 2016

Rainbow Paper Smooches Sentiment Card

Today I have a fun rainbow card to share =) Read on to see more!


Here's a picture of the finished card:


To make the card, I stamped the sentiment several times with different ink colors, using my MISTI. Using ink blender sponges, I faded out the ink colors to make them blend together better. That trick I learned from Iliana, the maker of the MISTI, in this video of hers. I also made a video about the technique, and you can see that here.
To finish off this card, I diecut the sentiment panel and adhered it onto a black cardbase =)


Supplies
Ink colors used: "Dandelion", "Sweet Plum", "Bahama Blue", "Tangelo", "Love Letter" and "Rose Bud" Memento ink and "Simply Chartreuse" from Papertrey Ink
Stamp set used: "Simply Said" from Paper Smooches.
Die set used: "Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables" by Lawn Fawn

I made this card to enter into the current Paper Smooches challenge, which has the theme of Rainbow.

Would you like to see more blogposts featuring rainbow colored cards? Click on either of the images below to see more!
     
         
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

1 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said... [Reply]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I love that you were able to use different inks with the Misti tool--- and then blend it all together! That rainbow POPS on the white! FUN! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge--I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3