Sunday, June 26, 2016

Aurora Borealis Card w/Lawn Fawn

Today I am sharing a card featuring one of Lawn Fawn's newest stamp sets. Read on to see more!



Here's a picture of the finished card:

To make this card, I started off by stamping the two bears towards the bottom of a card panel. I stamped them again onto some masking paper, and cut them out. After also cutting out a jaggedy ground line from masking paper and placing that onto the card panel as well, I started sponging in the background. I used distress inks to color the aurora borealis (northern lights) and the rest of the sky. To finish off the image, I also added a few white dots with my white pen.
I then peeled off the masking paper, and colored in the bears and ground with a black Copic marker. I adhered the panel onto a kraft cardbase. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with white embossingpowder onto vellum. I then cut it into a banner shape, folded it around the cardbase, and adhered it with some liquid glue.

I am entering this card into the current Lawnscaping challenge:


Supplies
Stamp sets used: "Dad+me" and "Critters in the Snow" by Lawn Fawn


Would you like to see more blogposts with cards using Lawn Fawn stamps? Click on either of the images below to see more!
     
     
     

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

9 comments:

Pam Watson said... [Reply]

Such a fun background! TFS :)

Samantha Mann said... [Reply]

wow!!!! this is so STRIKING!! LOOOOOOOVE that sky!! wow!!! i'm in LOVE with it!!! i'll have to try it some day! wow!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

Heidi Brawley said... [Reply]

WOWZERS!! This card is very Amazing and Awesome looking!!! Great work!!

Christiana said... [Reply]

This is so stunning, Marie! Truly gorgeous! And it's so nice to see you crafting again! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Samantha Casey said... [Reply]

The sky you created is amazing! I am in awe by it, and seriously could just stare at it for a long time. This card is stunning! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

{Chrissie} said... [Reply]

Wow. This is seriously an incredible idea! I am blown away by this card! Thank you for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

Lynnette said... [Reply]

This is so creative, love the silhouette idea. Super cute card

Laurel Beard said... [Reply]

WOW! Just wow. The little thumbnail picture captured me and when I opened it. Just wow! This is amazing!

Suzanne Bier said... [Reply]

The Northern Lights background you created...simply stunning! Congratulations on being named a "Top Mow-It-All" and thank you for joining us at Lawnscaping Challenges!