Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Yeti in Hawaii Card w/Lawn Fawn

Today I have a fun card to share =) Read on to see more!




Here's a picture of the finished card:

I started off by cutting a bunch of tiny flowers and coloring them with different Copic colors. I stamped the yeti and the bow next, and colored those in with Copics as well, before cutting them out. I strung all the flowers on white sewing thread, and attached them and the bow to the yeti. For the hawaiian scene, I first drew/colored the sand, water and sky with various Copic markers. Then, I stamped the palm trees in light green and light brown, and colored on top of it with Copics. I cut out the scene with a stitched rectangle die, and I also cut an extra piece of paper with the same die. I colored the edges of the second piece with a light, light tan color, before attaching it behind the hawaiian scene. The yeti was attached to the hawaiian scene with flat adhesive on her feet and foam adhesive behind her head, before I stamped the aloha sentiment. My idea was to make it look like two postcards on the card. 



I made this card to enter into the current Lawnscaping challenge:




Supplies
Ink colors used: "Intense Black" by Simon Says Stamp, "New Sprout" and "Desert Sand" Memento Inks
Stamp sets used: "Yeti, set, go", "Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum""Flamingo Together" and "Jessie's ABCs" by Lawn Fawn
Die set used: "Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables" by Lawn Fawn,  "Mini Flowers and Leaves" by Simon Says Stamp
Copic colors used: E50, E42, E0000, E31, E35, B00, B12, BG01, G14, G07, 0 - blender (hawaiian scene), BG02, Y06, R24, YG05, RV06, V04 (flowers and yeti's bow), N0, N2, N5, W0, W2, W4, R24, 0 - blender (yeti)


Would you like to see more blogposts with fun cards? Click on either of the images below to see more!
     
   
     
        
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

1 comments:

Samantha Mann said... [Reply]

wow!!ha ha ha!! this is amazing!! LOOOOOOOVE that lei you created!! wow!! the Yeti never looked so happy!! i am in LOVE with your card! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)